Monday 12 March 2018

My Pisces son

Good morning it's time for my Monday dose of Visible Image inspiration and for today I can finally share the card I made for my son for his birthday on 24 February.

Daisy (my granddaughter) helped me make a quick lemon sponge birthday cake for her uncle (my son is not a fan of cake and this was a version he prefers of my standard Victoria sandwich cake). She so proudly carried it in

and helped him blow out his candles.


We had such a fab day together, special family time.

So now to share his card.
I used the following stamps.

  Pisces from the Zodiac set
and elemental stamp set.
Plus the time tunnel stencil.

I made my background with acrylic inks plus some Lindy's sprays which have a gorgeous sheen. It's so hard to show in a photo taken in the evening when I was working.

As it was A4 size I cut it up
I added some background stamping using elemental 
and some stencilling using white ink.
.
I stamped and embossed some of the fish and all the Pisces words onto black card and fussy cut them out.
I then put my card design together.

As I had some spare pieces of this background I also made a bookmark for him. I added 2 fish
and cut up the letters of the Pisces word and mounted them on snippets of black card.  Here are both projects together.

A close up to show the cool elemental stamped background.

and a final collage.
I would like to enter my card and bookmark into the following challenges;

Penny Black and More 1/3 feature a creature
Allsorts fairy tales and nursery rhymes I am sure you can guess mine....It's "Once I caught a fish alive"
Creative Inspirations 2/3 any occasion mine is birthday
let's craft and create 2/3 anything goes
The Artistic stamper 1/3 stencils and masks
Not just cards 1/3 anything goes
Sweet stampin 1/3 inspired by a song mine is "Fish ain't biting" by Lamont Dozier

You can check out Visible Image via these links;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:



and


My daughter is also a Pisces and her birthday is coming up next week so I will be sharing a very different Pisces card for her next Monday....she now lives at the seaside, so I knew the just the theme to use.

Enjoy your week, we have a very special little 4 year old visitor coming to stay today until Thursday...yes my darling Daisy Jane. No doubt the minute she gets here she will want to start some crafting 😁
Must dash, I have a sweet girlie to collect....

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. What a fab card...I love the colours, the background is brilliant! Lovely too adding the matching bookmark!
    Have lots of fun with Daisy, we have had A at some point over the last four days including a sleepover...lots of fun! :)
    We're off to Edinburgh on Weds to Sat for the Yarn Festival!
    Have a great week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and bookmark Jane, your backgrounds are fabulous and the thought behind the construction of your creations is lovely! I bet your son will treasure these. The cake looks lovely and I hope you have a wonderful time with Daisy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous card! I love the background you made.
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft and Create challenge.
    Hugs, Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every inch of this card and bookmark is absolutely gorrrrrrgeous. Stunning colours, beautiful design. I always admire your work Jane. Thank you so much for sharing in the artistic stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a special card Jane! I’m so glad your son had a lovely birthday! I’m sure you will enjoy every moment with your little Daisy this week and get lots of crafting done together. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great masculine card you created, loving the color combination and fun stamp set! Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More challenge!
    Ellie
    "Ellibelle's Creative Moments"

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's me again Jane, just stopping by again to thank you for also sharing at Allsorts this week, fabulous creation for our Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Jane. I bet he loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really super background and colours, great way of doing the wording too.
    Super photo's.
    Thank you for joining our Fairy Tales/Nursery Rhymes challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your very handsome son! Have fun with Daisy Jane, I look forward to seeing what you two create together. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a fabulous creation Jane. I just LOVE all that creative stamping!! So so brilliant hun. Happy Birthday to your boy, lovely you all had a happy day together. Great song choice. Love what you've done for our 'Inspired By A Song' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Lovely inky creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely creation for our 'Nursery Rhymes and Tales' theme at Allsorts challenge this week, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW I love your background and the overlaid stencil technique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning background Jane, thank you for joining in the challenge on The Artistic Stampers blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I love how you created your background! It's beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Let's Craft and Create! -Sonya DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x