Friday 22 September 2017

And autumn came....

Well here we are...autumn has arrived and we are also rapidly waving goodbye to September.  I enjoyed some very pleasant and sunny days earlier this week and I decided it was time to make my monthly calendar page for my art journal in my sunny studio.
The lines from the Month's poem by Sara Coleridge for September read;

Warm September brings the fruit,
sportsmen then begin to shoot.

I looked around my garden, which is still colourful, and saw that the leaves of my potted acers are turning pretty shades of greens, red and orange.



My begonia are still going strong too
 and I spotted this fellow busy at work.

I honestly love spiders and for a few moments I stood and watched him as he spun his web...going round and round....so clever....I never cease to marvel at the structure of a web and how fine it is.

 I decided that the focal of my page, for the "fruit" in the poem would be a lovely vintage apples digi from the Graphics Fairy and that my colours would be inspired by my autumnal garden.

I die cut a frame using my new Noor die I bought cheaply at Ally Pally and got out my inks.
 I sprayed an inly background inspired by the colours of the acer leaves in my garden.
 and then added some more inks through my Tim mini leaf stencil

 I then got out my Visible Image tree stamp (sadly discontinued at present)
and added some branches...gradually adding green and orange archival ink 

until I finished my background...I got rather engrossed at this point so I didn't take any more photos... but I also die cut and textured lots of leaves and a tree.

It was then time to put on my creative hat and put my page together.

Here it is.


and some close ups, I really went to town with my colours and textures with my die cut leaves.




and one last shot.
My art journal page was made for the following challenges;

Memory Box autumn leaves
The Craft Barn 12 month challenge  September
Creative Artiste mixed media
Fussy and fancy fall colours
The Ribbon Girl 1/3 any image
Cuttlebug mania Golden harvest
Frilly and Funkie 1/3 to everything there is a season

Now I must get my skates on as I have a date with someone rather special.......Tim Holtz...yes seriously. I am soooo excited. I am in  Harrogate attending Tim's UK Creative Chemistry workshop at 9am. I booked myself into a nearby hotel last night..... I have a 2 minute walk from my hotel. 

I will take my trusty camera and yes I will take lots of photos to share. 

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the gorgeous colours of autumn.

Bye for now,

Jane x

20 comments:

  1. Wow, very autumnal - can almost feel the chill in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those autumnal colours Jane and your resulting page....you are very creative. Enjoy Tim!!...I didn't know that he was up this neck of the woods...I am only a 45 min drive from Harrogate! Hope you have a great time and a safe journey back home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumn colours in your journal page!
    I love spiders too, I have no idea what the fuss is about.
    Enjoy your workshop and your weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumnal colours - love all the leaves and trees! Hope you enjoyed Tim's classes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation, gorgeous colours and design.
    Thank you for joining our Feels like Autumn challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. just wow.. that card is so Autumnal.. the colors are wonderful. Bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely page. I love your layered die cuts and the autumnal colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page - love those colours and textures. Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Twelve Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creation with beautiful colours and texture. TFS your gorgeous garden. Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what delicious Autumnal colours on this lovely page. Great photos from your garden. Only this morning I also saw a spiders web glistening in the morning sun, they are so busy this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty project. Lovely textures and warm colours, perfect for Autumn.

    Thank you for joining in with our September challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely autumnal colours and a perfect use of die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this is amazing always love the colours of the leaves this time of year and looking at the dew on the webs. thanks for sharing with us at Craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card, Jane. You've created a fabulous background...wow. Terrific diecuts.
    Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
    Smiles,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely creation, thank you for joining our challenge at CRAFT Challenge this week. Please also have a look at our DT call and consider applying for the position of DT member, we are a friendly bunch.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous mixed media project. I love all the beautiful Fall colors and seeing your process. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First up it was fantastic to finally meet up at the workshop! What a wonderful experience. Your page is beautiful and the Autumnal colours work so well with the die cuts. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great page! I love all the autumness of it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x