Thursday 12 May 2016

Tim's 12 tags of 2016 May, Jane's Journal's card version

We're onto the 5th tag of the year now and this is the remix design which Tim came up with this month.
If you would like to see his step by step you can find it over at his blog here.

As you know I am making card versions of these. I don't have the Lady Rose stamps although they are on my wish list so I went through my stash and came up with these.


I got out my stash of tissue tape and also
gave a first outing for my new Distress Palette of
archival inks.

I put down strips of tissue tape and inked my bird and butterfly stamps up. These were the images I used the resist technique on.





I added extra stamping and also some texure paste through my alphabet stencil.









I started adding my distress stains and continued adding, blending  and drying until I was happy with my background.
This was my finished background.
I love the way the tissue tape  resists the inks.
Then it was time for me to make my embelishments.
I also don't have the flower die Tim used so I used my Tatty floral garland die using mop up papers.
I then put them together with a brad.
Then it was time to put on my creative hat....................and here is my finished card


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016 May
Sweet Stampin 1/3 flowers
Penny Black and More 2/3 anything goes with stamping
Emerald Creek Dares Use the Bs..mine are blossoms, butterfly, brads, bird and branch
Anything but Cute celebrate my style I love making these Tim inspired cards...adding my own touches to make them very much my style
Simon says stamp Wednesday flowers
We love to create 2/2 anything mixed media
Live and Love Crafts Blossoms/butterflies
Card Mania 2/3 flowers
Deep Ocean 2/3 flowers everywhere

I actually enjoyed this technique so much that I made 4 backgrounds...here's a sneak peek...I will use them for future creations.


There are certainly birds and  blossom all around me....I spotted this lovely heron at the ponds


and plenty of blossom too....

Thanks for visiting me today and for the kind comments you take the trouble to leave.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

23 comments:

  1. This was a perfect entry. I love so much about it. the Butterfly, the bird, the brads.... and I REALLY love the personal pictures. Congratulations on the grand-baby by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jane,

    Love the card with those pastel shaded flowers, so pretty! And wow! all that blossoming, just gorgeous!

    Wishing you wonderful May days!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design. Things are looking very Spring-y where you live! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, Jane, I love those gorgeous distress and resist ink effects so much....and the flowers and bird are perfect for these lovely Spring days. Enjoy the sunshine.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous take on May's tag and more gorgeous photos of your area. TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. super use of the techniques - lovely card Jane - great colours! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have fallen so far behind with Tims tags. Your card is so so pretty, love your colours against the monochrome areas. Hope your lucky this month with your entry.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great details! Stunning background and love the stamps!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Ellie
    Let's Color Linky Party
    Critters & Creatures Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your interpretation of Tim's tag, Jane! Beautiful colors, amazing background and so many wonderful elements! Simply brilliant!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful creation for our challenge Jane and super composition of all the elements, many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning! Talking about herons, here in Milton Keynes you will quite often see them sitting on top of roofs. Can be a bit of a surprise when you're used to seeing pigeons up there! Anyway, love your card. It would make a lovely art journal page xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow on the tag Jane, so glad you added some spring colours and elements! A beautiful version of the original!! Wow on the photos too, I just love all the trees when they're in bloom like that, so gorgeous!! hugs and happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous mixed media tag Jane, beautiful stamping! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tag my Friend!
    Love the colors you have picked as well!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab interpretation! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many wonderful details and fab stamping. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Jane! I was inspired by birds and flowers too.
    Have a great weekend!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful interpretation of Tim's tag Jane! I love your photos too, especially the lovely Heron!

    Thanks so much for joining in our 'Celebrate Your Style' challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of your makes Jane but I also love your pictures. I do believe in my heart that I am a misplaced spirit that should be living in the UK!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, beautiful tag.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jane....I really enjoyed visiting your blog today...Your card turned out just lovely...the soft color pallet you chose really caught my eye and made me want to just continue to linger and look at ALL the details on your card....Soooo pretty!....as are your lovely photos....Happy Crafting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jane,
    What an interesting background you've created! Beautiful pastel colours and lovely additions of the flowers. It all comes together in great harmony! Thanks for joining LLC for our May challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just beautiful and will need to try your technique. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Let's Craft and Create and can't wait to see your next beautiful card or project with us soon. Nancy Hill, Design Team for Let's Craft and Create

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x