Tuesday 19 January 2016

Simple HeArt

At the weekend we had a pre-birthday party for my Hb. I shared some photos from our sunny but cold Saturday afternoon walk in my last post. Here are a few photos of Daisy having fun in the swing park there.
She would not put on her gloves but obviously was quite chilly as she let us tuck her up warm in her pushchair for the walk home. What a way to travel, I wish there was room in there for me. 
She loves the little waterfall and the ducks.


On Sunday we woke up to a light dusting of snow,which Daisy had not seen before. When we were up and dressed she told me she wanted to go into the garden....I thought to look at the snow. I insisted she wrapped up warmly and put on her welly boots. She took me by the hand and led her Nanna outside. Although I showed her the snow she had other things on her 2 year old mind.....yes she was leading me to Nanna's studio and some crafting!
Brrr it was very chilly but how could I say no to my little sweetheart? We went into my chilly studio, put on the heater and immediately Daisy spotted my trays of distress inks. I suggested she chose some colours and we would have a go at swooshing some distress colours onto some watercolour card. She helped spritz the ink with water and when I said I would take a photo put on her serious concentration look....LOLOL!

 She had fun dipping in the card
 and seeing all the patterns.
I then asked if she would like to add some stencilling and she choose a star one.
 I held the stencil in place whilst she added more ink, some with a blending tool, some with her fingers (such a useful tool).
More serious crafting faces ;0) We also added some embossing powder which she loved...she stamped D for Daisy with an alphabet stamp. 

and more embossing around the edges.


So once we had made this piece I let Daisy have free reign with the ink pads.....and she just swooshed and inked and added embossing powders. Obviously I used the heat gun for her...she marvelled at how the powders melt and shine.
 and just look what she made...lots of stamping of her D for Daisy. We added some red and blue embossing powders and again she loved the shine appear as I heated them,

I loved this....so simple but so beautiful. Now you are wondering where the "Simple HeArt" comes into my blog  title...well sadly Daisy got this ready to take home and then it got left behind on the dining room table, together with a few of her Daddy's bits. As I am not seeing her for a couple of weeks I decided that I would make her unique piece into something for her and send it in the post. There is nothing like getting real mail is there?

As I looked at her creation  I could see so much love there that I decided I had to make this into a HeArt wall hanging for her. 
I added a couple of Nanna handmade elements...another embossed foil heart (to represent love from Nanna) and a die cut and inked flower to remember Nanna's garden. 

Here it is;

I added some lace for it to be hung up by..Daisy lace of course and finished it off with a little mauve heart brad. I have posted it off to my little sweetheart.
Now the thing that really amuses me in that Daisy has actually used the colours of her jacket (mauve), tights (blue) and the bottom of her welly boots (red) with just a little bit of green...could that be the grass in the park. Now I love to colour coordinate my Moments...do you think she has started early ;0) ?

I would like to enter my HeArt wall hanging into the following challenges;

PaperArtsy Hearts I was inspired by Leandra's great intro especially the primitive simple hanging hearts she showed.
Crafty Ribbons  anything but a card
Crafty Boots ribbon or lace
Pixie's snippets playground  2/3 #212 I used a snippets of card for my die cut flower and a snippet of lace for the hanger.
Bunny Zoe 3/3 hearts 
The Artistic Stamper anything goes
Stamping sensations 3/3 anything goes with dies
Crafting from the heart anything goes
Crafty friends  anything goes
Simon says stamp Mondays  best friends Daisy is my very best crafting friend (and granddaughter)
We love to create  #2 anything mixed media
WOW embossing challenge anything goes  


So perhaps I when I craft with Daisy I should call her my crafting SweetHeArt....I can see we are going to have such fun over the years. She must be a very serious crafter as even I would not have gone out to craft in my studio on Sunday morning....brrr!!

Keep warm, it is very chilly here but no more snow so far. I really hope it stays clear for tomorrow as we will be 31 floors up the Shard enjoying my Hb's birthday lunch. Of course my camera will be joining us too. It's been a glorious cold but sunny day here today, this was my back garden at sunset....
freezing cold but so clear........we may be lucky with the view tomorrow...fingers crossed.

Thanks for visiting, keep warm.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

23 comments:

  1. It looks like Daisy and you had a super inky time Jane, you are going to have a real craft buddy there in the future.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful how you've started Daisy crafting so early.. she will forever remember how inspiring and creative her grandma is. Bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such amazing pics of Daisy - and she is starting so young - its wonderful - I love the gift you made for her too incorporating her work - she'll be thrilled when she sees it - hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Jane,
    What a sweet post!
    It is so wonderful to see the two of you create little treasures!
    Your pictures are beautiful!
    Thank YOu~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe bless her, she really looks like she's enjoying herself!
    I love what you've done with her little masterpiece, she'll always have it as a little reminder of her earliest crafting days.
    I hope you two have a wonderful day tomorrow,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe Jane, such precious moments! You are a wonderful Nanna, and Daisy will remember all these artsy times lovingly! I love the photos with Daisy looking up with her blue eyes : )
    xoxoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to have such a fun creative session and what a fabulous outcome. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see Daisy enjoying her crafting so much that she's willing to brave the cold weather in exchange for some inky fun! It's minus goodness knows what here in North Wales this morning with thick, freezing fog - I'm hoping it clears once the sun gets up over the mountain in front of our house as I had planned to do the dreaded food shop today!
    Hope it's clear for your lunch date and a happy birthday to Hb - look forward to seeing the photos! Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely pictures you have a talent in the making Thanks for sharing this special project on Crafty Ribbons Challenge Love and hugs Carole DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, Jane, I enjoyed your post, seeing Daisy's early crafting years in action, and seeing what you made using her artwork. I truly hope she keeps the crafting heart! The tangible one and what's inside! Cold here, snow clouds, but it is sure to warm up before they deliver. Big warm hugs from North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fab, I love the simple design and I think great crafters must run in your family. Thank you for joining in the fun with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful post JAne - and little Daisy is such a poppet! I love that you made her artwork into the heart with so much love.

    Sorry I'm late commenting!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a heART warming post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like we have another artist on our hands. Beautiful heart piece!! Just noticing your stencils all hooked together on a big jump ring, brilliant idea!! Love the sunset pic! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely post Jane and a great memory to share with Daisy when she is older. Definitely looks as if she has a creative eye just like her Nana.
    Hugs, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Jane,

    LOVE these Daisy-crafting-posts! You simply can't help smiling, she really concentrates on everything, love that serious little face :) And so pretty heart was created!

    Stay warm&cozy, happy weekend soon!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea! She had fun making it, and you created a beautiful little momento.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Jane... what a good post, it was lovely to read :o) Thanks for sharing your Heart with the 'Anything Goes' challenge over at CRAFTY FRIENDS... your Heart is so special, your granddaughter looked like she had a very enjoyable time crafting... good luck in the draw and hope to see you again.
    Diane Louise (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How sweet! Love Daisy's inky swooshings and how you made it into the pretty hanging

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, this is sweet!!! I'm sure she will love getting it in the mail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your beautiful creation. It's so sweet. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh bless, how sweet to see Daisy crafting away!! Your comment about room in the pram all snuggled up made me laugh, I always think that when we are collecting from school, the boys school seems to have a micro-climate of it's own, it's ALWAYS windy and lashing with rain and we often make comments about pram envy when little ones are all tucked up snug as a bug. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Jane... such a sweet project you made with Daisy! Love it! Thank you for joining us at the Noor! Design UK challenge with it. We hope to see you joining us again next month and wish you luck for the prize drawing.
    Hugs, Karina
    DT member Noor! Design UK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x