Monday 7 September 2015

Tim's tags of 2015, September, Jane's Journal style

We are now onto the 9th of Tim's 12 tags of 2015. I had some craft time in my studio on Thursday and decided to get my card version of Tim's tag made.This one will be the birthday card for my Mum in November. Life gets hectic in November so it's good to get ahead now, I know this from previous years.

Below is Tim's lovely tag and his process is over at his blog here.

 I was inspired to make a similar alcohol ink background.I don't have the butterfly stamps so I used his gorgeous flower stamps instead.

Alcohol inks are such fun to play with but so messy.  I had such fun making this background with lots of bright colours and some gold.



I added clear embossing paste through the flourish stencil.....love this effect Tim used 




Tim uses frosted (which I don't own) to restamp his butterflies and give them a 3D effect.  I decided to use vellum and created  more of a decoupage effect for depth.
 Because the vellum will not stand up as Tim's frosted does I cut the centres out

 which I then coloured with distress markers.

I also made base out of distress card which I added some of his words to.

So here is my finished birthday card, another one that is so difficult to photograph. The colours are gorgeous, they literally glow and the gold gives a lovely rich effect.

 Hopefully you can see the details in these close ups




I would like to enter my card into the following challenges

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015 September

Penny Black and More anything goes

Our creative corner shades of autumn

Simon says stamp Wednesday make it colourful

Frilly and Funkie a touch of gold I have used gold alcohol ink in my background.

Creative Inspirations warm colours

Papertake Weekly anything goes

Craft Barn stamping

Take it make it September Take a stamp

Pixie's Snippets playground #193 I used snippets of vellum for my flowers


I am back on Thursday with my guest design post for Frilly and Funkie and I have really pulled out the stops for my piece....there is a little magic involved and Billy........do come back, but if you're a little timid you might like to look from behind the sofa..........mwah ha ha ha ha.....;O)

Thanks as always for visiting.

Bye for now,

Jane x

31 comments:

  1. Jane, this is a beautiful project, truly artistic and such a lot of work...your design and colourwork are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazingly lovely background and congrats on using up vellum snippets.
    Fancy a game of hopscotch in the Snippets Playground?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jane, your Mum will love it!!
    You really are a clever girl when it comes to cards, as I know from personal experience! ;)
    Wishing you a wonderful new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Jane, love the colours, bet your Mom will love this

    Love & hUgs

    jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have fallen behind with Tim's tags but do love this one and your interpretation of it is stunning. Another card for your mum to treasure.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I love the colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your tag is just amazing and the colours are stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background looks AMAZING, Jane, and it's perfect for our colorful challenge this week! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is an amazing creation you've made! Reminds me of the 60's psychedelic designs! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABULOUS make.

    I've just been TAGGED in the Snippets Playground by Jane Willis. I didn't quite manage to run and hide before she caught me. I'm tagging you . . . you're IT! Go run after another player and tag them next! Kathyk - See more at: http://www.purpliciousprincessdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/lazy-and-sunny-sunday-morning-just.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous ink and stamp work and a really eye caching creation. And isn't it nice to re-visit things like alcohol inks again.

    Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Jane and such a great take on Tim's tag. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week in our challenge of Warm Colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Jane

    I can see how messy these would be but the result is dreamy!
    Love your tag my Friend!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jane,
    my this is a wonderful piece of work.
    The colours are sooooooooo! vibrant, and beautiful.
    No wonder you are a GD at that wonderful challenge blog.
    I have a few blog friends that are into mixed media, and am eager to try it for myself when I have collected all the items I need.
    Thank you for your tag and I have passed on the tag to Kanda or Andrea.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an amazing background and the large garden flowers are so pretty stamped on it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those inks are such gorgeous bright colours, they must be fun to work with! Love your idea for your Mum's card and I am sure she will too!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!
    I'm new to your blog and I can say I'm amazed at the lovely things you make!
    The card is very artistic and it inspires me to start working with inks and try to create something similar. Thanks for sharing.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful tag and a beautiful shining background with these alcohol inks. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This turned out beautifully with all the bright colours in the background and the pretty flowers on vellum (a go to product for me too). Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful! i love the colours and the clear paste adds dimension and another detail that demands attention. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous -- you always come with such wonderful ideas. How about selling me some of your talent. I will pay big bucks!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply stunning! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous project... lovely colors!!
    Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous Jane! I love that added border and the word card, both of which really add to the whole design. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely stunning, love it! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great take on Tim's tag ..... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. A fabulous interpretation of Tim's tag.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous tag with that wonderful word card and the layers. I'm playing catch up as usual! Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Julia x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x