Thursday 20 November 2014

Golden brown

I think this autumn has been one of the best for glorious leaf colour. Many trees are still in leaf and wearing shades of gold, red, green and yellow. This morning I had a rare day at home and as well as some crafting time I went out for a walk. It was a pleasant mild day with some milky sunshine too.

I took my camera to capture the wonderful colours that are still around where I live.







 and in the garden my neighbour's false acacia is finally dropping it's leaves.
As I headed to my garden studio I decided to make a Christmas card using a Tim Holtz wreath stamp which I have itching to ink up for ages.

I decided to focus on the stamp so I made a simple stencilled background using my TH Christmas words stencil. I then used a water colour technique. I painted Distress inks onto my stamp and then gave a huff...........
 and stamped out this very pretty stamp

 I misted up the stamp again and tried a 2nd generation stamp which I also loved and I will use this for another card.
I mounted my image onto some festive paper and stamped a sentiment and a bow.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Divas by Design let it snow
Pan Pastel cold and frosty colours
We do doobadoo Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge Go Green
The Artistic stamper Christmas is coming
Bunny Zoe snow
Artist Trading post stencil mania
Christmas cards all year round no patterned papers
Pile it on vintage
That's Crafty vintage

I need to dash....I'm meeting my Hb for a meal out tonight, candlelight, chat and  laughter...I can't wait. Enjoy your evening. I will be back on Sunday with my Funkie Junkie week 8 card, gosh time is flying by. Take care and enjoy the weekend. Thanks as always for your kind visits and comments you all take the time to leave.

Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. Not many leaves left here, they're all nearly gone, I'll soon be looking for buds again! :)
    I love your little wreath, it really is so pretty such a lovely effect!
    Enjoy your evening,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wreath Jane! Love the details and the fact you have another one to make at the same time. Now that's planning ahead : ) Hope you have a lovely evening with your honey! xoRobin
    Pretty leaves ours are ALL gone.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas card is beautiful Jane, I love the pretty wreath image and paper. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a big wind storm last week which blew most of our leaves off our trees.. so it was fun to see yours, especially the orange one! I adore your wreath design, it's so vintage and wonderful! Lucky people that will receive this!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jane,

    Such beautiful pictures, look at all those colors! No snow then at yours? And that card is so pretty, love the wreath!

    Happy weekend soon, dear friend, and happy happy card-making!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane,

    Just spent some time looking through your blog and I am just in love with your creativity and style! This is a fabulous Christmas card, I think I will have to add that wreath stamp to my wish list! Had to hit that follow button so I don't miss a thing from here on out! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Jane and thank You for sharing the beautiful Autumn pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 203 and also for CCAYR November challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane! What amazing autumn colours! Trees full of yellow, orange, Red leaves are so beautiful! I love your NEW card! That stamp is fantastic and you made great design with the letters! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Jane, not used this technique for a while. Thanks for the reminder.
    A big congrats on your Pinworthy mention at AVJ. Well done.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful Christmas card, the stencil background looks wonderful with the festive main focus of your card. Thank you for joining us at ATP Exchange this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful wreath....It reminds me of my Mother.
    Enjoy those leaves; it's been snowing here. 0-:
    Anne and all xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card with wonderfully soft tones created with your stamp and stencils. I love the watercolour effect you have created. Thanks so much for joining us at ATP Exchange for my challenge.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jane, first of all apologies for being so late commenting but wow what a beautiful card. Gorgeous colours. A beautiful selection of photos too, its always a pleasure to visit your blog
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is lovely Jane, I like the idea you can 'mist' the stamp up and get a second print, that's awesome (OK so my card making knowledge is minimal and I do find it all fascinating!!). It's amazing hoe quickly it changes, clearly being behind as usual the trees are now quite naked around here and mr frost has visited these past few days - brrrr definitely gloves and scarves weather! Bethxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x