Monday 22 November 2010

33 days til..............

Before I start this  latest post I really wanted to thank everyone for the kind comments they have left. I really had no idea  that I would find so many like minded Christmas lovers out there. I really appreciate people taking the time to leave their comments and for joining me on my hopefully, lighthearted, fun journey towards 25th December. Time really is ticking on now with only 33 days to go....

For my 3rd countdown to Christmas post I thought I would share with you some of the Christmas jewellery I have made. I love to wear seasonal jewellery. I suppose that is a perk of being able to make you own, if you see an inspirational bead then you can make it into something or I can use my silversmithing skills to fashion something out of silver. I would never wear more than one piece at a time, that would be overkill, but I always find that if you wear something Christmassy it is a great topic of conversation and can even be a great ice breaker at a party.

As you already know I do have a slight addiction to buying rather expensive one of a kind lampwork glass beads, I showed my autumn goodies in a previous posting.

These are some of the Christmas pieces I have made over the years....one of my favourite is this snowman bracelet...






It totally screams Christmas and is deliciously over the top.
Whenever I wear it I always get comments and smiles. It cheers everyone up! I teamed the beads up with some very festive snowflake charms I bought.

(Remember you can click on any of the photos to see the details).










Being a greedy girl I also have a second snowman
bracelet which is smaller than the one above and
a little more subtle, I also love the little Christmas trees on this. I also managed to source some matching holly green and deep red beads to match.









A third (well a girl can never have too many, can she..??) bracelet I enjoy wearing is this more delicate floral bracelet which I teamed with rock quartz and lovely sterling silver pine cones...I do sometimes wear this piece during the year as it is not obviously a Christmas bracelet.





After bracelets I obviously needed a necklace and I have a real favourite one....
This lovely necklace has beautiful one of a kind Christmas roses lampwork glass focal beads at the front and one of a kind white ribbon glass beads, together with some rock quartz. I often wear this for my Christmas parties as it is very subtly Christmas and goes with everything especially the LBD (or little black dress!)

Also you may remember that at my visit to Bead Heaven (aka the Big Bead Show in October) I bought some very sweet Rudolph  the red nosed reindeer one of a kind lampwork beads shown here on the right...

You may be interested to see what I did with them.......................................






Here they are...I bought some pretty sterling silver snowflakes and wire wrapped them using Swarovski crystals and some unusual new ear wires.

I have not worn these yet but I am sure they will cause some smiles...such happy, fun earrings.







So as you can see that I have a good selection of Christmas jewellery to choose from and yes I do also have some other Christmas beads in my stash which have not yet been more than admired in their box!

Does anyone else have Christmas jewellery they enjoy wearing? I would love to hear about it if you do.

As this has been a light hearted Christmas piece I thought my verses today should reflect the same ..so  here are a festive joke or 2...enjoy!! ;0   (groan!)

The Last  Reindeer
A reindeer walked into a pub, strolled up to the bar and ordered a pint of lager.

Completely unfazed, the barman poured out the lager and passed it to the reindeer, who handed over a ten pound note.
As he handed over the change of a few coins, the barman said "I have to say, you're first reindeer I've seen in here."
The reindeer studied the change very carefully and said. "Tell you what sunshine, as these prices I'm also the last reindeer you're going to see in here."

And these are so bad they made me laugh...

What do you call a reindeer wearing ear muffs?

Anything you want because he can?t hear you!


What do reindeer always say before telling you a joke?
This one will ?sleigh? you!

How does Rudolph know when Christmas is coming?
He looks at his calen-?deer?!

I hope they made you smile...;0)

I have just returned from  a wonderful weekend in York and will be back with a "Yuletide York"  post at the weekend..it looked so pretty with all the Christmas lights and decorations up.

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Ah Jane I'm still smiling at those jokes!
    Love the Christmas jewellery especially the snowmen bracelets and the reindeer earrings are very cute!!
    So glad you had a lovely weekend in York looking forward to the photos!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, your jewelry already had me smiling, but then, the jokes! Thanks for starting my Monday with smiles. And I just might have to pass some of the holiday cheer on...Hee hee! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vivienne, I am glad you are smiling not groaning! York was wonderful and I have some very festive photos.."see" you at the end of the week!
    Take care,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele, I do love jokes...and sometimes the worse they are the funnier!! Pass them on with pleasure. Have a great week, it's turning very chilly here.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jane I loved seeing your Christmas jewellery - the beads you've chosen - especially the coloured ones are really scrumptious! Your mention of York looking festive is making me even more excited about going there later this week!!
    Thanks for the jokes - particularly the reindeer ones!
    Have a lovely week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen,
    You will love York at this time of year but wrap up warm, it's very chilly at the moment. Have a wonderful visit and a great week this week,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so true, Jane, that a girl just cannot have too many snowman (or any pretty Christmas) bracelets! I loved yours, all wonderful, and I can see all the smiles coming! I have some Christmas jewelry of my own too and I'll be showing them this week at my blog.

    And I laughed at your jokes too, loved the only-reindeer-in-a-pub -one most :) Thank you for sharing!

    See you here soon again, can't wait the York-pictures!

    Happy week!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mia,
    It will be lovely to see your Christmas jewellery. You are I are certainly fans of the dear old snowman aren't we? I'm glad you liked the jokes, the Last Reindeer one makes me laugh everytime I read it!
    Have a great week,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jane, so nice to meet you! You have made absolutely wonderful things! I love especially the first where the snowman is laughing...looking forward to see all you lovely blog!
    Thank you for your visit and so beautiful comment!
    Best wishes! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you here Teje and thank you for your kind comments. I am sure it is just a little colder here than with you...enjoy your late Summer sunshine.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog leaving some suggestions - I appreciate it a lot!

    Now; that Christmas jewellery is too cute!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are most welcome, I hope your husband has a fantastic 1st visit to London...it's a wonderful city! Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x